A Prayer for the Mama of the Graduate

(in)courage | 5/20/2019 | Staff
catcrazy24 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/05202019_KristenStrong_CoveringAndFoundation-1200x858.jpg

Here it is, mid-May, and I’m going back and forth between reading news on Meghan and Harry’s baby boy and remembering this time last year when two of my three kiddos graduated high school.

Planning a graduation is in many ways like planning a wedding. Out of town guests? Check. Cake and a party? Check. Lots of bittersweet tears because really, weren’t they just in kindergarten ten minutes ago? Check, check.

Addition - Planning - Sons - Graduation - Amount

In addition to recalling all the planning for my sons’ graduation, I also remember spending a fair amount of time in the land between Done and Should Have Done. In other words, I wondered then (and still wonder now) what opportunities I let slip and teaching moments I missed. I know I’ve messed up more times than anyone can count, but I also know that it’s my mess that reminds me I rest not in my perfection but God’s perfectly kept promises.

Amen.

Children - Lysa - TerKeurst - Wise - Words

When it comes to my children, it helps also to rest in Lysa TerKeurst’s wise words: “Don’t take too much credit for the good or the bad.“

Once again, I say, amen.

Prayer - God - Mamas - Milestone - Graduation

I know this, but if I’m being honest, I know regret, too. So, I offer this prayer to God for myself and for all the mamas witnessing a milestone graduation this month. I offer it for each and every mama who wants to have both a proper perspective for past regret and hopeful encouragement for the future.

Shine Your light on every regret in the shadows, and show us how to give every crumb of it over to you, once and for all.

Turn - Wish - Do-over - Wonder - Grace

Turn every wish for a do-over into wonder for Your grace that fills our gaps.

Lord, only You know how many meals we’ve made, how much Chutes and Ladders we’ve played, and how many big decisions we’ve weighed. Give...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It is time to put away the our toys and propaganda we've been taught as children and think for ourselves.
Tagged: