ABOUT SHELOVES

SheLoves Magazine | 5/19/2019 | Abby Norman
Traight (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://shelovesmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/abby-norman-if-they-are-in-am-i-out-2.png

It is “Eastertide” right now in the church calendar. Turns out Easter is not just a one day thing. And in Eastertide this year, my church is thinking about what people do after the resurrection of Jesus. Christ died and was risen, and they knew Christ would come again, but what in the world do you do until then? What do you do when Jesus shows up in your life and shakes everything and shows you a whole new way and even defeats death? What in the world do you do after that?

This is the question we are still wrestling with, isn’t it? Jesus came in and shook up our life and now what? Now what do we do?

Peter - Answer - Question - Jesus - John

Peter was looking for the answer to this question. And Jesus answered. In John 21, Jesus looks Peter dead in the face and tells Peter to feed his sheep. Feed his sheep, tend his sheep, love his sheep. And this seems amazingly simple, until you get to the question, who exactly are Jesus’ sheep? Where do we find them?

Fast forward to Acts 11. Peter has, in fact, found the sheep Jesus was talking about. And boy, is he surprised. Through a series of wild events that could only be orchestrated by the Holy Spirit, Peter starts hanging out with gentiles, gentiles who had interactions with the Holy Spirit even before Peter showed up to tell them the story. He found the sheep Jesus was talking about! It is awesome.

Peter - Letter - Home - Word - Gentiles

Except, it isn’t so awesome. Peter gets a letter from back home. Word has gotten out that he has been eating with Gentiles and boy are the people back home mad. It is easy for me to blame those people back home. It is easy to look at this story and roll our eyes...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SheLoves Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
Tagged: