‘Game Of Thrones’ Series Finale: The Game Comes To An Unsatisfying End In ‘The Iron Throne’ [Recap]

The Playlist | 5/19/2019 | Kimber Myers
Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/game-of-thrones-series-finale.jpeg

“There’s nothing in the world more powerful than a good story,” Peter Dinklage‘s Tyrion says in the series finale of “Game of Thrones.” “Nothing can stop it.” Well, except two showrunners who want to rush through things. David Benioff and D.B. Weiss wrote and directed “The Iron Throne,” only their third in eight seasons, and it’s … fine.

And for a show with this many Emmys and this much chatter, it shouldn’t be just fine. This last episode caps off an uneven season that might have broken ratings records for HBO, but it lost much of what many fans loved about the show – particularly its devotion to its characters – in favor of a rushed plot line jammed into just six episodes. “The Iron Throne” features moments that will satisfy those fans and feels less hurried than its predecessors this year, but is it enough to make them overlook who has been crowned king? In the spirit of Weiss and Benioff’s speed, I’ll tell you now that the answer is no.

Episode - Tyrion - Carnage - Man - Skin

The episode begins with Tyrion walking through the carnage, including passing a nearly naked man with most of his skin burnt off. Jon Snow (Kit Harington) and Davos (Liam Cunningham) try to stop Grey Worm (Jacob Anderson) from executing the remaining soldiers who fought for Cersei, but it’s no use. They return to speak to Daenerys. Tyrion walks through the remains of King’s Landing alone, discovering the remains of the halls and rooms he knew so well. He descends into the bowels of the castle, looking for his brother and sister, finding Jaime’s golden hand sticking out of the rubble – and a bit of closure for the audience, though the end of two of the show’s biggest and best characters still feels lacking. Tyrion cries over their bodies, which...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!