Democrats Accelerate Efforts to Purge Pro-Lifers From the Party in 2020

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 5/18/2019 | Stacey Matthews
blockstyle (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/OregonAbortionLaw.jpg

In the aftermath of the fetal heartbeat bills that were recently signed into law in Georgia and Alabama (Missouri will likely be next), enraged Democratic party politicians and pro-abortion groups are making one thing increasingly clear: Pro-life Democrats who hold elected office should be purged from the party.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), a 2020 candidate for president, told the Washington Post on Wednesday that being pro-abortion should be a “non-negotiable” position in the Democratic party:

Party - Pro-choice - Gillibrand - Interview - Party

“As a party, we should be 100 percent pro-choice, and it should be nonnegotiable,” Gillibrand said in our interview. “We should not settle for less, and if our party cannot support women’s basic human rights, their fundamental freedoms to make decisions about their bodies and their futures, then we are not the party of women. … I will not compromise on women’s reproductive freedom.”

The senator attributes the more strident tone to the fact that more women are participating in politics, and they are more passionate about protecting their rights than the men who used to call the shots in the party. “I think women’s voices are being heard now more than ever,” said Gillibrand. “Women are feeling self-empowered. I don’t think they’re going to take excuses anymore, and I don’t think they’re going to support candidates that don’t believe they should get to make those fundamentally personal decisions.”

Target - Enemy - Strategy - Rep - Dan

One target of this “you’re with us or you’re the enemy” strategy is Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-IL-3), a pro-life Democrat who is facing a primary challenge from Marie Newman, the same woman who tried to primary him in 2018.

Gillibrand endorsed Newman’s primary campaign in 2018 and endorsed her again last month:

Race - Front - Marie - District - Better

“She’s got a tough race in front of her, but I promise you, Marie will represent her district better, and she will represent all of us better,” Gillibrand said. Moments...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!