Weekend A La Carte (May 18)

Tim Challies | 5/18/2019 | Staff
erinmmarion (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2b-WEEKEND-940x492.jpg

There are some rock-solid books in today’s list of Kindle deals.

“To the uninitiated, I look like a man on a morning stroll. I might be noticed to be glancing at my phone, or muttering under my breath, but the true purpose of my walk is probably obscure.” I also find a “walk in the park” to be tremendously helpful for more than just keeping healthy.

Randy - Alcorn - Scripture - Examples - Christ

Randy Alcorn: “It’s not surprising that Scripture calls upon us to imitate and follow the examples of Christ (1 Peter 2:21) and God the Father (Ephesians 5:1). It’s more surprising that we are told to follow the examples of the godly people around us, and to strive, by Christ’s help, to be such examples ourselves.”

Most Abortion-Minded Women Aren’t Calculating Killers. They’re Afraid.

Abortion - Evil - Hole - World - Millions

“Abortion is a great evil. It’s left an ugly, gaping hole in the world where millions of image-bearing children should be. While the church has largely excelled at calling this despicable spade a spade, she often fails to see this picture: a young, often impoverished, terrified woman—who knows her baby is a human!—but considers abortion anyway. Fear is incredibly potent.”

I can’t believe I didn’t know about this feature!

Keys - Understanding - Reaching - Muslims - North

2 Keys to Understanding and Reaching Muslims in North America

Personally, I’ve had some wonderful spiritual conversations with Muslims and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift
Tagged: