Pete Hegseth: Graduates, it's time to unlearn college

Fox News | 5/17/2019 | Pete Hegseth
rach-rach (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/09/rtx36w1w.jpg

‘Tis the season of commencement addresses. You know, those lengthy, vapid, and self-important speeches that conclude the collegiate experience. The vast majority of graduation speakers are leftists and Democrats, predictably extolling diversity, globalism, identity politics, gender empowerment and – of course – climate change. Most graduates hungover and bored, absorb the platitudes. After the speech, a degree in hand, the indoctrination is complete.

I won’t attempt to give you my own commencement address here (you’ll have to watch Sunday’s “Fox & Friends” when I give the first-ever “Fox & Friends” Commencement Address – tune in!). Instead, I simply want to highlight three stark realities that students and parents should know, rather than accept the onslaught of advice from liberals, leftists, and Democrats. A little common sense that otherwise gets missed in the mad rush to get a degree.

Lot - Time - Money - Plenty - Students

First, you just wasted a lot of time and money. Plenty of students drift through four-year colleges because, well, that’s what you do. I did the same thing. Now you have a degree you didn’t really need, and mountains of debt to boot. A better option for many students is a non-ideological, private-sector vocational or trade school. Schools focused on specific skills that actually prepare you to get real jobs with great pay.

Predictably, Democrats want to destroy private-sector higher education in favor of their existing network of cash-machine indoctrination camps. Democrats are using a simple, but effective, playbook to destroy private sector higher education: define taxpaying colleges as evil, propose policies to restrict access to private career colleges and offer “free” public college to the masses as a solution. It’s false but sounds great. Nothing is free – you might not have learned that in Economics 101.

Mafia - Education - Schools

The mafia of higher education – just like government-run public high schools – seeks to demagogue and destroy...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fox News
Wake Up To Breaking News!