‘The Twilight Zone’ Defends Illegal Immigration: ‘We Are All Immigrants From Somewhere'

NewsBusters | 5/16/2019 | Staff
katz1234 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/the_twilight_zone_-_08_04_35_pm.jpg

CBS All-Access has officially turned The Twilight Zone from an iconic morality series into just another Hollywood vehicle for virtue signaling and social justice pandering. The reboot had whined about toxic masculinity, warned about cops killing black people, and mocked Trump through a kid president. With this latest episode on illegal immigration, the once original show might as well be an MSNBC segment.

The May 16 episode “Point of Origin” follows housewife Eve (Ginnifer Goodwin) as her beloved Guatemalan housekeeper Anna (Zabryna Guevara) is forcibly deported by the ICE-stand-in group known as the HSI. She’s saddened by the loss, but her friends remind her that “these people know the risks when they come here” and how what she did is “illegal.” This is supposed to come off as shallow and insensitive despite being completely true. However, as the rest of the season has shown, being true doesn’t matter in this Twilight Zone.

Twist - Episode - Eve - Immigrant - Dimension

The ironic twist of the episode comes from Eve herself being an illegal immigrant, except from another dimension instead of another country. Apparently, a caravan of people (their exact words) crossed into this dimension, and the HSI works to track down and capture those people along with ordinary illegal immigrants. Eve is soon apprehended and interrogated by the HSI in a prison-like facility where she inexplicably comes across Anna again. Despite the fact they are both in a rough situation, Anna takes this time to lecture Eve:

Anna: Mrs. Eve? Mrs. Eve. What did they say you did?

Idea - Anna - Idea - Place

Eve: They didn’t say. I have no idea why I’m here. Anna, I am so sorry. I had no idea they would take you to a place like this.

Anna: Yes, you did. You knew. Where did you think they’d take us to, the Four Seasons? When it was just on TV, you could turn...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!