Vue Cinema-goer, 24, died of 'catastrophic' injuries after his neck became wedged under leg-rest

Mail Online | 5/16/2019 | Terri-ann Williams For Mailonline
MonkeyBubble (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/16/15/13578656-0-image-a-6_1558017311878.jpg

A cinema-goer died in front of his devastated wife from 'catastrophic' injuries after his neck became wedged under an electronic leg-rest, an inquest has heard.

Ateeq Rafiq knelt down after struggling to find his keys and phone.

Cinema - Wife - Ayesha - Sardar - March

The 24-year-old had been at the cinema with his wife Ayesha Sardar on March 9 last year and bought tickets from a machine for seats in Gold Class, screen 17.

After realising his keys and phone were missing he got up off his seat with the footrest in the raised position and went under the seat. A engineering expert who conducted tests of the chair told the court that about three-quarters of a tonne of pressure then clamped down on Mr Rafiq's neck.

Media - Mr - Rafiq - Wife - Ayesha

Writing on social media Mr Rafiq's wife Ayesha Sardar described her last moments with her husband, who she called her 'best friend'.

'When I held your hand for the last time I felt you squeeze it with a different strength, a strength which kind of indicated you knew you were leaving me and Aairah forever,' Ayesha wrote.

'I - Name - Day

'I was calling your name and I was holding you as much as I could and I told you I’m there with you like I promised you from day one.

'I was the last one to ever see you with your eyes open, the last one to hear your voice and the last one to see you smile and I’m so grateful to Allah SWT every day for giving me that chance as your wife.

Time - Life - While

'I remember you telling me you love me for the last time and I told you I love you back and our life together ended there for a while.'

'My Ateeq, see you soon inshallah.'

Post - Ayesha - Bond - Husband - 'nights

In another post, Ayesha revealed the close bond she and her husband shared, saying the 'nights are the worst'...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!