‘Child’s Play’ Behind-the-Scenes Video Shows How they Brought the New Chucky to Life

/Film | 5/16/2019 | Chris Evangelista
monna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/childs-play-behind-the-scenes-video.jpg

I’m trying to remain cautiously optimistic about the new Child’s Play. As a fan of the original franchise, I was initially against this remake. But the casting, and the footage from the two trailers, have turned me around a bit. I’m still not 100% sold, but I’m hoping to be surprised. One thing the film definitely has going for it is the use of practical effects. When this project was first announced, I figured a terrible CGI Chucky would be used. But as this new Child’s Play behind-the-scenes video shows, the filmmakers made around six Chucky animatronic puppets in order to bring the killer doll to life.

The video above gives us our best look at the new Chucky yet, in puppet form. While the look of the puppet is definitely reminiscent of the original Chucky, I’m having trouble getting used to how huge he looks. His head especially seems way too big. The original Chucky was doll-sized. This Chucky is the size of a toddler; it’s a little off-putting.

Makers - Child - Play - Effects - Killer

Still, I’m happy the makers of the new Child’s Play used practical effects to bring their killer doll to life. I always get a kick...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!