Taissa Farmiga on ‘We Have Always Lived in the Castle’ & ‘The Twilight Zone’

Collider | 5/16/2019 | Christina Radish
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/we-have-always-lived-in-the-castle-taissa-farmiga-alexandra-daddario-02.jpg

From director Stacie Passon and adapted from the book of the same name by Shirley Jackson, the indie drama We Have Always Lived in the Castle tells the story of two sisters, Merricat (Taissa Farmiga) and Constance (Alexandra Daddario), who have isolated themselves after a family tragedy, in their large manor with their Uncle Julian (Crispin Glover). When Cousin Charles (Sebastian Stan) unexpectedly arrives, he disrupts their idyllic existence and threatens their family legacy.

During this 1-on-1 phone interview with Collider, actress Taissa Farmiga talked about why she wanted to tell the story of We Have Always Lived in the Castle, what made Merricat such an interesting character, playing someone who internalizes so much, the sister dynamic, and shooting the family scenes. She also talked about her episode of the CBS All Access series The Twilight Zone, called “Not All Men,” what attracts her to a project, and how excited she is to have a wide-open future.

Collider - Character - Story - Someone

Collider: This is such an interesting character, in such an interesting story. What was it like to explore someone like her?

TAISSA FARMIGA: I got the offer, I read the script, and I loved the tone of the script. That was the first thing that I fell in love with. It has this weird unease and tension, coded in a fairy tale glaze. I liked the contradiction. And then, with Merricat, at moments, there was a contradiction where she feels like she’s almost childlike and fragile, and then a moment later, she seems infinitely wise and an old soul. I loved that. My favorite part of it was getting to play someone who’s just so much of everything.

Clothes - Hair

Even with her clothes and her hair.

FARMIGA: For sure. I feel like she’s very much aware. She’s so internal, and yet she wears who...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?