Woman keeping 350lb tiger in filthy cage at abandoned Houston home is charged with animal cruelty

Mail Online | 5/16/2019 | Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com
maddyb7 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/16/21/13593402-0-image-a-58_1558037897114.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/05/16/7283845684727137876/1024x576_MP4_7283845684727137876.mp4

A woman who was keeping a 350-pound tiger inside a filthy cage at an abandoned home in Houston has been charged with animal cruelty.

Brittany Garza, 24, was arrested on Wednesday, more than three months after the big cat was discovered in the garage of a vacant home by a woman who'd sneaked inside to smoke pot.

Houston - Police - Garza - Tiger - Raja

Just before she was handcuffed by Houston police, Garza revealed that she had cared for the tiger, which she called Raja, since he was a cub.

'He was my priority, every day, day and night feeding him,' Garza told ABC13.

Feel - Child

'I feel like I lost my child, I think about him everyday.'

Garza said once Raja started getting too big she made arrangements to hand him over to an animal sanctuary in College Station where he could make a permanent home.

Animal - Friend - Home - Transfer - Someone

She was keeping the animal at a friend's home until the transfer could be made, but someone else found him before that happened.

'He was in the process of picking him up, he was supposed to pick him up the day before [Raja was found], but the weather was real bad and we had him in the transportation cage,' Garza said.

'It - Garage - Everybody

'It started raining, we put him in the garage and then everybody else found him before we got to him.'

Authorities said the tiger was covered in layers of his own **** and confined in a 'rinky-dink' cage when he was discovered.

Garza - Mother - Angela - Perez - Daughter

Garza's mother Angela Perez defended her daughter, telling ABC13: '[Raja] didn't live in that cage, that wasn't where he lived, that's not where he ate.'

The tiger was taken to Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch in Murchison soon after being rescued. A judge ruled last month that the sanctuary would be allowed to keep the tiger permanently and ordered Garza to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!