Pre-Order The New Testament in its World

Euangelion | 5/15/2019 | Staff
kims (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/34/2019/05/NTiiW.jpg

Okay, we are approaching the end game on The New Testament in its World (NTiiW), I’m proofing the galleys (so many pictures!), preparing the workbook, and I’m getting excited. This book has been like ten years in the making, there is an accompanying DVD that is already out, and it is already #1 at Amazon.com in Paul’s Letters (Books) and Jesus, the Gospels & Acts (Books). No wonder, it is like a condensed summary of N.T. Wright’s life-work with some useful supplements from me. Its strengths are its focus on historical context, literary sensitivity, theological nuance; it is choc full of pictures, charts, and tables; good mixture of textual background and textual commentary; covering critical issues but also contemporary application; and even a bit of my sense of humor thrown in too (watch out for sections called “Emails from the Edge”). I’m rather hoping that this becomes THE go-to NT Intro for like the next 25 years.

Here’s the blurb:

New - Testament - World - Passageway - Century

The New Testament in Its World is your passageway from the twenty-first century to the era of Jesus and the first Christians. A highly-readable, one-volume introduction placing the entire New Testament and early Christianity in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Euangelion
Wake Up To Breaking News!