YouTuber accuses fashion app of racism on Fiji brand trip that Olivia Jade infamously took

Mail Online | 5/15/2019 | Danielle Zoellner For Dailymail.com
camkizzle (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/15/20/13541712-0-image-a-38_1557949717755.jpg

A black YouTuber has accused a fashion shopping app of racism after she went on a brand trip to Fiji — which is the same trip Olivia Jade infamously attended during her first week of college.

Kianna Naomi, 19, shared her experience with working for Dote Shopping in a YouTube video on Saturday — where she detailed why she felt like an 'outcast' during the entire trip.

'I - Way - Number - Reasons - Kianna

'I didn’t talk about the way I was treated for a number of reasons,' Kianna said at the start of her video. 'I didn’t want to be the problematic black girl, and I didn’t want to be labeled as ungrateful because I’m literally in the most beautiful country there is.'

In August, Dote invited a group of women down to Fiji to promote the app while also enjoying the country. Kianna, who has 740,000 subscribers on YouTube, was one of the women on the trip — including stars like Olivia Jade and Emma Chamberlain.

Kianna - Brand - Trip - 'token - Girl

While Kianna felt 'grateful' for her to be invited on the brand trip, she also felt like the 'token black girl' for the company to represent diversity in all the future brand pictures.

'I’m so glad I got to experience it, but I wish it hadn’t been with this company,' she said.

YouTuber - Anyone - Trip - Brand - Race

The YouTuber went on to say she was not upset specifically about anyone that was on the trip. Instead, she was frustrated with how she felt she was treated by the brand regarding her race.

'I didn’t speak up because I was protecting a company that didn’t care about my well-being in the slightest,' she said.

'I - Representation - Girls - World - Girl

'I thought that I could be representation for black girls all over the world. But for me to feel like the token black girl on two trips in a row; it’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It had only one fault, it was useless.