George R.R. Martin goes full mad Targaryen over Game of Thrones rumors

CNET | 5/14/2019 | Jennifer Bisset
aniki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/pnRJtet8VgujwIQIvBNqWNNH3nA=/756x567/2019/05/14/ee80f152-2110-4083-86d5-950603a9f201/gettyimages-1035092140.jpg

George R.R. Martin has set the internet alight in more ways than one.

The internet is ablaze with Game of Thrones rage -- and George R.R. Martin is adding his own to the storm.

Writer - Epic - Fantasy - Series - Blog

The writer of the epic fantasy series has taken to his blog a la Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network to address rumors he has been sitting on his long-awaited next books The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring.

"All of a sudden this crazy story about my finishing The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring years ago is popping up everywhere," he wrote on May 13.

Winds - Winter - A - Dream - Spring

He cleared that up quickly, though: "The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring are not finished. Dream is not even begun; I am not going to start writing volume seven until I finish volume six."

He also addressed rumors that HBO and Game of Thrones TV series showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss wanted him to delay the novels.

Years - Novels - Sense - HBO - Books

"Why would I sit for years on completed novels? ... Delaying makes no sense. Why would HBO want the books delayed? The books help create interest in the show, just as the show creates interest in the books.

"There is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Measuring his life out one teaspoon at a time.