Don’t Give Rosenstein a Pass Just Because He Went off on Comey

DB DAILY UPDATE | 5/14/2019 | Staff
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i1.wp.com/dbdailyupdate.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/rosenstein-meme3.jpg?fit=1024,747&ssl=1

This video clip of Rod Rosenstein riffing on Teenage Drama Queen James Comey has been making the rounds of Twitter and the fake news media all day:

Very clever. Very funny, in a that sniffling, slimy Rosenstein kind of way. He nails Comey’s behavior and low character, and that’s great. So, I got no problem with that.

Problem - Commentariate - Reason - Rosenstein - Sort

I do, however, have a problem with the conservative commentariate turning this into a reason to make Rosenstein into some sort of a hero on all of this. Because Rod Rosenstein is the farthest thing from a hero.

Rosenstein made these remarks in the context of his being the guy who wrote the famous memo to President Donald Trump recommending Comey be fired. For that commendable act, he is certainly to be praised to some extent.

Things - Rosenstein - Reasons - Comey - Way

But let’s remember several things about Rosenstein, including his reasons for recommending Comey be fired, which was basically that he didn’t like the way Comey grandstanded throughout the election campaign, usurping decisions and powers that should have been reserved to Attorney General Loretta Lynch. Of course, Lynch was so corrupt that she wasn’t going to make those decisions in any event, but Rosenstein was correct to say that that did not convey the right to make them onto Comey.

Let’s also remember what parts of Comey’s conduct that Rosenstein was NOT concerned about. Despite having full knowledge at that point about Comey’s disgraceful corruption of the “investigation” into the Clinton email scandal, Rosenstein cited no objection. Despite his full knowledge then of Comey’s mounting an effort to spy on the Trump Campaign and Trump Transition team (remember that Trump was fully aware of these things as early as late November, 2016), Rosenstein cited no objection.

Knowledge

Despite having full knowledge by then of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: DB DAILY UPDATE
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: