Katie Piper enthuses her confidence is at an all-time 'high' 11 years after acid attack

Mail Online | 5/13/2019 | Rianne Addo For Mailonline
joyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/13/14/13440410-0-image-a-4_1557754882105.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/02/26/4744490896847846986/1024x576_MP4_4744490896847846986.mp4

She's become one of Britain's leading charity campaigners following her acid attack over a decade ago.

And Katie Piper has enthused her confidence is at an all-time 'high' after her 'body took a battering' from the horrific incident in a new interview with Grazia magazine.

Series - Images - Philanthropist - Shift - Society

Alongside a series of stunning images, the 35-year-old philanthropist admitted she previously felt uncertain over whether she'd ever get employed again, praised the shift in society's perception of individuals with disabilities, and championed the rise of unfiltered photoshoots.

The Strictly Come Dancing star was left partially blind after her ex-boyfriend Daniel Lynch organised for Stefan Sylvestre to carry out an acid attack in London in March 2008. She still requires regular surgery and treatment as a result of her severe facial burns.

Acid - Attacker - Stefan - Jail - October

Her acid attacker Stefan was released from jail in October last year, after officials decided he was no longer a danger to the public, despite being given a life sentence with a minimum six-year term in 2009.

Following on from the traumatic incident, Katie insisted she now feels content about her body image, years after failing to 'look in the mirror'.

Body - Confidence - Body - Battering - Awe

'I think my body confidence is high. My body has taken a battering, and it’s always recovered and renewed. It’s made me feel in awe of what it can endure. To not love your body after going through any of that – what was the point of it?

'Not...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!