Best phone for gaming in 2019: Razer 2 vs. Asus ROG, Nubia Red Magic Mars, Black Shark

CNET | 5/13/2019 | Patrick Holland
maye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/v-puz5ImB4ePYy2wuaeF2kp8AaA=/756x567/2019/02/07/1d30d581-7dc2-4d50-a40e-f9a11ab50359/razer-asus-xiaomi-nubia-gaming-phones-3.jpg

At this time mobile gamers have access to a wide array of phones like the Razer Phone 2, Asus ROG, Nubia Red Magic Mars and Black Shark. The specs on these phones match higher priced flagships like the Galaxy S10, Pixel 3 and OnePlus 6T, just not the price. Gaming phones are designed specially for gaming. They offer a combination of features, like super-fast processor speeds, advanced cooling systems, gaming-specific controls, and displays with a high refresh rate. Interestingly enough all of these phones run on Android.

The iPhone XS and XR have a more powerful processor and access to newer and exclusive game titles. But Apple's phones lack gaming features to make the phones more compelling to play on. And like Android flagships, the iPhone is expensive - a baseline iPhone XS starts out at $999.

Consumers - Phones - Variety - Options - Price

Fortunately for consumers, the four phones I have chosen have a wide variety of options: price. Of the four gaming phones I looked at the prices ranged from $400 to $900: Razer Phone 2, Asus ROG, Xiaomi Black Shark and Nubia Red Magic Mars.

I evaluated each phone in terms of design, specs, performance and, most importantly, gameplay. (P.S.: All of them have the Snapdragon 845 chipset that's found in the Note 9, OnePlus 6T and Pixel 3.) Below are my recommendations and an in-depth breakdown of gameplay, design, battery life and cooling systems on each phone. Read on to see what phone comes out on top.

Note - CNET - Share - Revenue - Sale

Note that CNET may get a share of revenue from the sale of products featured on this page.

At this time, three of the phones cost under $500. The Razer Phone 2 is a steal right now, especially since its originally retailed for $800. Compared to the other phones, the ROG is the most expensive. For the price of one ROG,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!