Black Lawmakers Urge Biden to Pick Harris as Running Mate

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 5/13/2019 | Mary Chastain
bab_ohhbab_ohh (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Kamala-Harris-Joe-Biden.jpg

Two old white males lead the Democrat primary polls and by a lot. So black lawmakers have started to push frontrunner former Vice President Joe Biden to pick Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) as his running mate if he wins the primary.

Politico reported:

Dream - Ticket - Dream - Ticket - Rep

“That would be a dream ticket for me, a dream ticket!” said Rep. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.). “If she is not the nominee, that would be a dream ticket for this country.”

Harris is everything the 76-year-old Biden is not. The freshman senator from California is younger, a woman and a person of color. As Biden gets dinged for his bipartisan bromides, Harris is winning applause from progressives for her merciless cross-examination of Trump officials.

Democrats - Turnout - Drop-off - Barack - Obama

Democrats are also desperate to boost black turnout in 2020, blaming the drop-off from Barack Obama’s wins as one reason for Hillary Clinton’s defeat.

“Either combination there, I’d love,” said Rep. Anthony Brown (D-Md.). “I think he’s going to look to balance his ticket so that the ticket itself is more appealing. … I think it would make sense and it wouldn’t surprise me if he picked a woman of color.”

Harris - Economist/YouGov - Poll - South - Carolina

Harris landed in second in a recent Economist/YouGov poll. In South Carolina, Harris is at 10% while Biden placed first with 46%.

I’m sick and tired of the left concentrating on sex and race instead of credentials.

I wrote...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." - Alexander Hamilton