A La Carte (May 13)

Tim Challies | 5/13/2019 | Staff
moemajor (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2-MON-940x492.jpg

Today’s Kindle deals include a trio of books from Crossway.

Gamers aren’t exactly who most people think they are. “The average American video gamer is 33 years old, prefers to play on their smartphone and is spending big on content — 20 percent more than a year ago and 85 percent more than in 2015, a report showed on Thursday.”

Baptism - Membership - Membership - Something - Ministry

“When we don’t keep baptism and membership close together, we turn membership into something unbiblical. So, unless you’re doing parachurch ministry among some remote tribe, baptism should accompany church membership.” I believe, as a baptist, this is the best way to understand the relationship between baptism and membership.

She Was the “Queen of the Mommy Bloggers”

Story - Woman - Mommy - Bloggers

Here’s the sad story behind the woman who was once queen of the mommy bloggers.

David French: “I expected activist resistance and protest against the bill. I expected radical voices to urge corporate boycotts of Georgia. But I must confess that I did not expect to see a series of stories with lurid headlines and fundamentally mistaken premises to go viral — and to stay viral for days.”

Keith - Kristyn - John - Piper - Tim

Keith & Kristyn are joined by John Piper, Tim Challies, John MacArthur, Mark Dever, D.A. Carson, Joni E. Tada, H.B. Charles, Andrew Peterson, Trip Lee, Jackie Hill Perry, Bob Kauflin, Fernando Ortega, Matt Boswell & 30+ other speakers...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: