Shirley Ballas admits Darcey Bussell's departure from Strictly 'left a hole in her heart'

Mail Online | 5/13/2019 | Sara-aisha Kent For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/13/08/13428742-0-image-a-18_1557733442658.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/09/29/2675370713647498379/1024x576_MP4_2675370713647498379.mp4

Shirley Ballas has admitted Dame Darcey Bussell's departure from the Strictly Come Dancing judging panel has 'left a hole' in her heart.

The head judge, 58, explained the co-stars have grown close over the past couple of years on the BBC One dance competition, and shared lots of 'girly giggles' during their time on set.

Carpet - BAFTA - TV - Awards - London

Speaking on the red carpet at the 2019 BAFTA TV Awards at London's Royal Festival Hall on Sunday evening, Shirley lamented the loss of the retired ballerina, 50, who announced she had quit Strictly last month.

Shirley reflected: 'I think it leaves a hole in my heart, because obviously I got to know her on the first two series [that I did]. She held my hand through the whole thing.

'We - Time - Strictly - Tour - Lots

'We had the most amazing time of the Strictly tour, and lots of girly giggles. We shared the same changing room, and I can just say from the tip of her head to the bottom of her toes, she’s just amazing.'

She exolained: 'I think I’ll leave that to the BBC because they’ve never got it wrong before. So I’m sure they’ll be interviewing all types of people to make sure they get the right person for that show on a Saturday evening for the British public.'

Darcey - April - Statement - Years - Panel

Darcey officially announced she was leaving Strictly in April with a lengthy statement after six years on the panel.

She said: 'It has been a complete privilege for me to be part of Strictly, working with such a talented team.

'I

'I have enjoyed every...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Aim and timing is evereything.