Cory Booker: You Beat ‘Demagogues’ Like Bull Connor, Trump with Compassion

Breitbart | 5/12/2019 | Staff
chicana948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/09/Cory-Booker-1.jpg

Sunday on ABC’s “The Week,” 2020 presidential hopeful Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) said the way to beat “demagogues” like President Donald Trump and segregationist Bull Connor is by reigniting “senses of civic grace.”

Partial transcript as follows:

KARL - Democrats - Reluctance

KARL: So you’re not going to take on your fellow Democrats? I mean, I hear a reluctance to engage, to criticize.

BOOKER: I can’t campaign in a divisive way. I always say you can’t campaign wrong and think you’re going to govern right. I’m governing to unite this country again, to reignite senses of civic grace, a more courageous empathy for one another, so that we can deal with the persistent injustices in our nation.

KARL - Thing - Trump - Fire - Fire

KARL: And I’ve heard you say the same thing about Trump. You say you don’t want to fight fire with fire. But there was a headline in Politico quoting a local Iowa Democrat leader, saying, ‘the Democratic base is angry as ****, Cory Booker’s message of love falls flat.’ Democrats in this country are angry and they’re angry at President Trump. Is your kind of like nice guy approach really in tune with where the base of the party is right...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!