Schizophrenic woman who shoved stranger in front of NYC subway train dies by suicide in prison

Mail Online | 5/8/2019 | Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com
jenny124124 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/09/03/13273662-0-image-a-8_1557367857198.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/11/07/7084762010378455906/1024x576_MP4_7084762010378455906.mp4

A mentally ill woman who pushed a stranger unprovoked in front of a New York City subway train to her death has committed suicide in prison.

A spokesperson for the State Department of Corrections confirmed that Melanie Liverpool-Turner, 33, had died of 'an apparent suicide' at the Bedford Hills Correctional Facility in Westchester County in the early hours on Wednesday.

Liverpool-Turner - Month - Prison - Sentence - April

Liverpool-Turner had served just one month of a 20-year prison sentence handed down on April 5 after she pleaded guilty to shoving 49-year-old Connie Watton in the path of an oncoming 1 train in Times Square on November 7, 2016.

At her sentencing, the defendant's attorney Aaron Wallenstein described how she had been failed by the system as her struggles with multiple mental illnesses were well documented.

Liverpool-Turner - Native - Trinidad - Record - Years

He noted that Liverpool-Turner, a native of Trinidad, had an 'unblemished' criminal record but struggled with years of sexual abuse as a child and suffered from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.

Less than one month before Watton's murder, Liverpool-Turner witnessed someone commit suicide by jumping in front of a train in the Union Square station.

Time - Confession - NYPD - Voices - People

At the time, she provided a false confession to the NYPD and told them: 'I hear voices. I push people in front of trains.'

She was admitted to the psychiatric ward at the Bellevue Hospital, but was released soon after.

Victim - Husband - Robert - Watton - Liverpool-Turner

The victim's husband, Robert Watton, has sued Liverpool-Turner along with the the city...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!