After 40 years, 'megachurch' pastor slams Christianity and quits, deacon claims he had affair

www.christianpost.com | 5/7/2019 | Staff
Zorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/10/231087.jpg

Dave Gass, a former megachurch pastor who most recently led Grace Family Fellowship in Pleasant Hill, Missouri, has renounced his Christian faith as a system rife with abuse that caused him “mental and emotional breaks.”

A representative from his former church, however, has accused him of being an unrepentant adulterer.

Gass - Announcement - Series - Tweets - Media

Gass reportedly first made his announcement in a series of now protected tweets but not before they were copied and shared across multiple social media platforms.

“After 40 years of being a devout follower, 20 of those being an evangelical pastor, I am walking away from faith. Even though this has been a massive bomb drop in my life, it has been decades in the making,” he began in the thread before moving on to compare Scripture to Greek mythology.

Grade - Greek - Mythology - Interactions - Deity

“When I was in 8th grade and I was reading Greek mythology, it dawned on me how much of the supernatural interactions between the deity of the bible and mankind sounded like ancient mythology. That seed of doubt never went away,” he said.

He explained how he was raised in a “hyper-fundamentalist” Christian home where Christianity “didn’t work. The promises were empty. The answers were lies.”

Devout - Christian - Church - Scripture

Even so, he grew up to be a devout Christian who rarely missed church or failed to study Scripture.

“I was fully devoted to studying the scriptures. I think I missed maybe 12 Sundays in 40 years. I had completely memorized 18 books of the bible and was reading through the bible for the 24th time when I walked away,” he wrote.

None - Marriage

None of it, however, helped his marriage.

“As an adult my marriage was a sham and a constant source of pain for me. I did everything I was supposed to - marriage workshops, counseling, bible reading together, date nights every week, marriage books - but my marriage never became what I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??