Donny Deutsch Gushes All Over Pete Buttigieg, But Demands He Denounce Trump Harder

NewsBusters | 5/6/2019 | Staff
melanie7 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/donnyd-petebutt.jpg

Donny Deutsch began a new MSNBC program called Saturday Night Politics, and he interviewed Democrat presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg and gushed all over him for his "core excellence of humanity" as the "polar opposite" to President Trump.

DONNY DEUTSCH: Here’s what I love about your brand and why I think you’re one of the three anti-‘trumps -- I think there are only three candidates who can really earn that badge -- is your résumé -- and a resume is not a brand, it's attributes, but -- Harvard grad, a vet, traditional in an untraditional way, religious, Rhodes scholar. You bring out hope in the better angels in all of us. Actually, when I read about you, I’m like 'I’m not doing so good in my life, I can do better." And to me that is the ultimate antithesis to Trump, who as a human, certainly, at least from my vantage point is the polar opposite of that. To me, that decency, that core excellence of humanity is what separates you, and I think is the essence of your brand, that we could aspire to be, not only as a country, but as a person.”

PETE - BUTTIGIEG - Well - Specimen - Need

PETE BUTTIGIEG: Well, I don't mean to put myself forward as an excellent specimen, but I do agree that there's a need for us to recognize that a big part of leadership is just calling forth what's best in us, and right now we've got leadership that draws out the worst in us, draws out the absolute worst in supporters and opponents.

Deutsch then asked him to denounce Trump:...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!