Democrats Booker, Klobuchar Do Not Give Trump Any Credit for Strong Economy

CNS News | 5/6/2019 | Staff
just-me (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/capture-klobuchar-cspan_0.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - Appearing separately on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday, Democrats Cory Booker and Amy Klobuchar -- both running for president -- refused to give President Donald Trump credit for the strong U.S. economy and labor market.

"I give our workers and our businesses the credit," Klobuchar told host Jake Tapper.

Trump - Credit - Recovery - Obama - Booker

"I love that Trump is taking credit for a recovery that started under Obama," Booker told Tapper.

In his interview with Klobuchar, Tapper pointed to the latest numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics: "The economy added more than a quarter-million jobs, better than economists expected. Unemployment is at its lowest level in almost 50 years. Wages grew faster than prices did. Do you give President Trump the credit?" Tapper asked the senator from Minnesota:

Workers - Businesses - Credit - Jake - Klobuchar

"I give our workers and our businesses the credit, Jake," Klobuchar replied:

When you're out there across the country, you see people working harder and harder every day. And this has meant that we are -- our businesses are strong, and we're selling American goods.

Lot - People - Prosperity - Costs - Cost

That being said, a lot of people aren't sharing in this prosperity because of the costs, the cost of college, the cost of health care, the fact that the president had promised that he would bring down the prices of their prescription drugs, and that just hasn't happened.

So, when you get out there and you see the energy out there and the concern, talk to farmers who are trying to sell their soybeans. There are people out there that are not sharing in this economic prosperity. And it's not fair. And it's not the American way.

Lot - Workers - Businesses - Country

So, while we attribute a lot of this to our workers and to our businesses, we know we can do better as a country.

Tapper noted that the unemployment rate hit a 49-year low of 3.6 percent as of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!