According to George R.R. Martin Two More Game of Thrones Shows Are 'Moving Forward Nicely'

TVGuide.com | 5/5/2019 | Amanda Bell
Mijac (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2019/05/05/da7b9807-4056-4888-9302-da85a5906957/thumbnail/1300x867/d59ba3d75e0a472e804d809c81e77eac/game-of-thrones-reg.jpg

HBO might be giving Game of Thrones fans two more reasons to hold onto those monthly subscriptions.

On Saturday, A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin gave his readers a status update about the future of the Realm and revealed that the cable network's planned prequel series isn't the only Game of Thrones spin-off still in development at this time.

Internet - Reports - Martin - Game - Thrones

While combating so-called internet "reports," Martin wrote, "We have had five different Game of Thrones successor shows in development (I mislike the term 'spin-offs') at HBO, and three of them are still moving forward nicely. The one I am not supposed to call The Long Night will be shooting later this year, and two other shows remain in the script stage, but are edging closer. What are they about? I cannot say. But maybe some of you should pick up a copy of Fire & Blood and come up with your own theories."

Fire & Blood is a prequel novel set 300 years before the events of Game of Thrones and centers on the history of House Targaryen, including their most important kings and, of course, a few key dragons. Martin previously hinted that the book may serve as source material for a series spin-off in the past, but that was before HBO confirmed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!