WATCH: Jake Tapper Looks Confused When Amy Klobuchar Talks About Trump Wanting Election Meddling

Townhall | 5/5/2019 | Staff
Nighty (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/s1280x720/2019/60/f5bf8e3e-c189-4eda-a200-0bc31767c4f7.png

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Amy Klobuchar (MN) discussed election security with Jake Tapper on CNN's "State of the Union." According to Klobuchar, President Donald Trump is not serious about protecting future elections from foreign interference.

"Are you suggesting Trump wants foreign election interference in 2020?" Tapper asked.

First - Evidence - Election - Security - Russia

"First of all, we've had ample evidence that he has not been responding to protect our election security. And you know what? Russia, they didn't use a tank, they didn't use a missile, but they used a computer, and they invaded our democracy all the same," Klobuchar replied.

"In the past, he's the word 'meddled.' Well, meddling is what I do when I call my daughter on a Saturday night. This was actually an invasion of our democracy, okay? This isn't asking your kid, 'Oh, what are you doing tonight?' This is an invasion of our democracy," Klobuchar explained.

Tapper

"He wants that again?" Tapper asked.

"I don't know what he wants. All I know is he's not acting like the leader to protect our national security," she replied. "Because if he wanted to do that his administration wouldn't be stopping the Secure Elections Act in its tracks."

Klobuchar - Bill - Sen - James - Lankford

According to Klobuchar, her bi-partisan bill with Sen. James Lankford (R-OK) was blocked by the White House.

This is what the Secure Elections Act summary says:

Bill - Department - Homeland - Security - DHS

This bill gives the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) primary responsibility within the federal government for sharing information about election cybersecurity incidents, threats, and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Townhall
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When will they ever learn?