Avengers: Endgame Thanos vs. Game of Thrones Night King: Here's who'd win

CNET | 5/5/2019 | Patrick Holland
entengo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/R1gzxcZSEUaGxl7G_JJOw5zIrR8=/2019/04/29/8d403570-2701-4f83-84a0-b57f6ef99574/thanos-vs-night-king.jpg

If you're a fan of Marvel and Game of Thrones, this past weekend was insane. After seeing the 3-hour Avengers: Endgame and then the hour-and-a-half Battle of Winterfell GoT episode, I couldn't help but compare their fantastic villains, Thanos and the Night King. OK, in GoT there are many villains and Cersei is probably the worst one. But the Night King and Thanos are more interesting to compare because there are so many similarities between them. Plus, I just want to see that fight.

Warning: Many spoilers lie ahead.

Grimace - World - Ice - Spear - Thrower

Apparently, I'm not the only one wondering how muscular Grimace would hold up against the world's best ice spear thrower. Joe and Anthony Russo, who directed Endgame, tweeted a picture of Thanos and the Night King standing face-to-face as if they might fight.

They wrote, "Whoever created this... it's awesome. #WeWannaSeeThisFight"

Mashup - Artwork - Artist - Jeff - Cole

The mashup artwork was from digital artist Jeff Cole who founded Ikonick, the canvas art store. The picture shows the massive Thanos standing on the right behind his double-bladed sword -- so big it could sub in as a helicopter rotor. On the left is the human-sized Night King, standing behind his dragon-killing ice blade spear.

Thanos and the Night King actually have a lot in common, from their hive-minded armies to wanting to wipeout humanity. Both are supremely intelligent, often anticipating their foes several moves in advance, and both are immortal -- well, until they meet a Stark.

Similarities - Fight - Difference - Thanos - Night

These similarities would make any fight between the two quite balanced. But there is one big difference between the two: Thanos is alive and the Night King is dead. So Thanos' infamous snap in Avengers: Infinity War wouldn't have any effect on the Night King. Below are several scenarios where I think Thanos would win and and a few where the Night King would win.

Both have an...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!