Castor: We ‘Don’t Have Any More Time for Denial or Delay’ in Combating Climate Change

Breitbart | 5/5/2019 | Staff
just-me (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/05/Castor-53-Thumbnail-640x335.jpg

During Friday’s Democratic Weekly Address, House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis Chair Kathy Castor (D-FL) stated that we “don’t have any more time for denial or delay” in stopping the accumulation of carbon pollution.

Transcript as Follows:

Hello - Kathy - Castor - Florida - House

“Hello, I’m Representative Kathy Castor from Florida, and I chair the House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis.

This week, the House passed the first major legislation to address the climate crisis in nearly 10 years. And it won’t be the last, because we are committed to passing climate legislation that works for The People, not the corporate polluters.

Climate - Action - Act - Bill - Trump

The Climate Action Now Act is a straightforward bill I sponsored that prevents the Trump Administration from breaking America’s commitment and leaving the Paris Climate Agreement.

We need to stay in this agreement because it was a major breakthrough. After years of finger-pointing, the United States, China, India, Europe and countries all around the world came together and agreed to cut carbon pollution dramatically.

Support - Landmark - Agreement - Group - Governors

Support for the landmark agreement is overwhelming. A bipartisan group of 23 Governors, nearly 300 cities, and more than 2,000 businesses pledged to honor the Paris climate goals. Now they’ve been joined by the U.S. House of Representatives.

But we know this is just a first step. To address the climate crisis, we need to stop carbon pollution from accumulating in our atmosphere. That requires action. Urgent action. Ambitious action.

Time - Denial - Delay - Generation - World

We simply don’t have any more time for denial or delay. An entire generation has grown up in a rapidly warming world and we are personally experiencing the harm. Scientists say it will get worse, unless we act.

I know. A year and a half ago, I boarded up my home, packed my belongings and fled with my family as that monster Hurricane Irma loomed off the coast of Florida. We were petrified of a devastating storm surge...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!