George R.R. Martin Offers Update on ‘Game of Thrones’ Spinoffs, Teases Possible Targaryen Setting

Collider | 5/4/2019 | Vinnie Mancuso
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-peter-dinklage.jpg

According to Martin, three of the originally-mentioned five series are still “moving forward nicely”, with plans to shoot the pilot for one still set for this year.

Oh, and speaking of television, don’t believe everything you read. Internet reports are notoriously unreliable. We have had five different GAME OF THRONES successor shows in development (I mislike the term “spinoffs”) at HBO, and three of them are still moving forward nicely. The one I am not supposed to call THE LONG NIGHT will be shooting later this year, and two other shows remain in the script stage, but are edging closer. What are they about? I cannot say. But maybe some of you should pick up a copy of FIRE & BLOOD and come up with your own theories.

Series - Martin - THE - LONG - NIGHT

The series that Martin is “not supposed to call THE LONG NIGHT” is a prequel set thousands of years before Game of Thrones starring Naomi Watts. Here’s the logline, per HBO:

“The series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!