Why Christina Applegate Started Therapy After Filming Netflix’s ‘Dead to Me’

Variety | 5/4/2019 | James Patrick Herman
echolea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/rexfeatures_10227176o.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

The cast of the new Netflix trauma-dy, “Dead to Me,” came out to support the season one premiere of the series at the Broad Stage in Santa Monica on Thursday night, but everyone seemed to have movies on their minds.

“It’s been a crazy three weeks,” said Linda Cardellini, who had back-to-back movie premieres for “The Curse of La Llorona” and, of course, “Avengers: Endgame,” which has already emerged as the sixth highest-grossing movie of all time. “I think this word sometimes is overused, but that movie truly is epic,” Cardellini told Variety. “To be a part of that at all is incredible.”

James - Marsden - Month - Release - Dark

Ex-X-Man James Marsden, meanwhile, talked about next month’s release of “Dark Phoenix,” which retells the same story of star-crossed mutants as “X-Men: The Last Stand,” in which he played Cyclops and Famke Jansen portrayed Jean Gray. “I obviously know the Dark Phoenix story — the saga was close to me because my character is closest with Jean,” Marsden told Variety. “It’s cool to see a Sophie Turner up there kicking **** as the young version of Jean.”

Christina Applegate, Linda Cardellini Break Down Their Grief and Unlikely Friendship on 'Dead to Me'

Marsden - Feel - Version - Cyclops - Tye

But how does Marsden, who is still remarkably young looking for 45, feel about the young version of Cyclops, now played by 22-year-old Tye Sheridan. “He wrote me a handwritten letter when he took over the role,” said Marsden. “A lovely young man. They’re giving [the storyline] the justice it deserves.”

Christina Applegate, who also serves as one of the show’s executive producers along with Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, teased a potentially reunion for “Anchorman 3.” “Ask Will,” she told Variety. “I think everyone’s kind of doing stuff their own stuff right now,” she added, referring to the break-up of longtime producing partners Ferrell and McKay. But Applegate seemed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Appeasement - when you're what's for dinner!