Haley Joel Osment on "Jumping in the Deep End" With Lily Collins For Intense Ted Bundy Scenes

POPSUGAR Entertainment | 5/3/2019 | Kelsie Gibson
shuadah (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/8xIxICCC6jVC5okw9v6ACzNG5tM/0x169:5985x3311/fit-in/1200x630/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2019/05/03/919/n/1922283/3e7a0dc55cccacd13ca516.68372589_.jpg

Haley Joel Osment is no stranger to thrillers. After all, the 31-year-old actor has starred in countless of them over the years, including his Oscar-nominated role in M. Night Shyamalan's The Sixth Sense when he was only 11 years old. Though he is well-known for playing the kid "who sees dead people," his latest film, Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile, is a whole new kind of horror.

The Netflix film tells the story of the notorious serial killer Ted Bundy (Zac Efron) through the perspective of his long-time girlfriend, Elizabeth Kloepfer (Lily Collins), who believed he was innocent for many years. On the flip side, Osment plays the role of Kloepfer's co-worker and eventual husband, Jerry. Though it's unclear if Kloepfer actually did marry her co-worker in real-life — Jerry is reportedly based a romantic love interest of hers named Hank — in the film, the character stands as rock for Kloepfer in her darkest moments.

Osment - Film - NYC - Premiere - Tribeca

And as Osment revealed during the film's NYC premiere at Tribeca Film Festival, he and Collins wasted no time diving right in. "Basically the first day I got to Cincinnati, I got a costume fitting early in the morning, and then Lily and I [did] the majority of our intense scenes in that one day," he told POPSUGAR. "I was really fortunate to be with someone as talented as Lily [and] as quick on her feet as Lily because we just went for it. It was just a really exciting day where you just have to jump in the deep end and do that. We had known each other as friends before but had never worked together, so it's fun that it went so well."

While this film is about Ted Bundy and the heinous crimes he committed, at its core it's a story about how...
(Excerpt) Read more at: POPSUGAR Entertainment
Wake Up To Breaking News!