‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Patient's Family 'Separated, Caged Like Animals' at Border

NewsBusters | 5/3/2019 | Staff
roxy2707 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/greys_anatomy_-_what_i_did_for_love_-_08_04_16_pm.jpg

Liberal white guilt is a powerful drug. Sometimes it makes otherwise professional people do illegal acts, like commit insurance fraud, all in the name of protecting migrants. In this case, a doctor not only put herself at risk of a jail sentence but also endangered an asylum-seeker and his daughter.

In the May 2 episode of ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy titled “What I Did For Love,” a Honduran asylum-seeker, Luis, brings in his 4-year-old daughter, Gabriella because of stomach pain. As Dr. Alex Karev (Justin Chambers) looks at the child, Dr. Andrew DeLuca (Giacomo Gianniotti) explains Luis’ story. DeLuca is having difficulty getting the child’s medical history because she has been separated from her father during the time he has been in America working and getting an apartment. He sent for his family in Honduras after a year but for a reason, the viewer is not given, only Gabriella is with him. His wife and other daughter remain at the border, "caged like animals."

DeLuca - Gabriella - Rivera - Age - History

DeLuca: Gabriella Rivera, age 4, history of recurrent abdominal pain, increased pain and vomiting today.

Karev: Okay, Gabriella.

Luis - Uh - Gabby - Gabby

Luis: Uh, Gabby. She likes Gabby.

Karev: Hey, Gabby. Do you know when the pain first started?

Luis

Luis: She's not sure.

DeLuca: I'm having a hard time getting a detailed history.

Luis - San - Pedro - Sula - Everything

Luis: In San Pedro Sula, I knew everything -- her blood type, vaccinations, uh, allergies. But these last few months are a blank. I know nothing.

DeLuca: Luis has been here for a year. He came on a Visa, stayed, and applied for asylum.

Luis - Family - Apartment - Job - Border

Luis: I waited to send for my family until I had an apartment and a job. But they were detained at the border. Separated. Caged like animals. My wife, my little Dani, is still there.

Karev: When Gabby got sick, did they treat her with anything, or...?

Luis - Antacid

Luis: They gave her antacid. Nothing more.

Karev: Uh, page...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!