Dear Evangelical, It’s Unwise and Unhelpful to Mock Joel Osteen

Rick Thomas | 5/1/2019 | Rick Thomas
hoppers911 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/RMlogoDearEvangelicalItsunwiseandunhelpfultomockJoelOsteen.jpg

If you knew of a person or a group of individuals were being deceived by someone, would you choose to mock them or their leader as a way to win them to the truth of God?

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

Why Do You Criticize Ann Voskamp?

Movie - Philadelphia - Gay - Lawyer - Tom

In the 1993 movie, Philadelphia, about a young gay lawyer (Tom Hanks) suing his firm for discrimination, there was a protest scene between those who were against the gays and those who were for them. To spice up the antithesis of the moment, the scriptwriters hired a middle-aged white guy, gave him a big black Bible, and had him yell, “God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.” It was the complete mockery to highlight our differences.

To the thoughtful Christian, it was an embarrassing moment.

Person

To the uncaring pro-gay person, it was funny.

To both camps, it was divisive as it broadened the gap that is between us.

Goal - Someone - Point - View - Thought

If your goal is to mock someone, you will not win them over to your point of view. That’s what I was reading when one of our evangelical thought leaders (ETL) recirculated a so-called humorous test, written to mock Joel Osteen for his beliefs. It accomplished what it was intended to do. Thousands of people in the evangelical community had a big laugh, and the blogger’s stats got a bump, though Joel’s fans hated it.

As I read dozens of comments on several Facebook strings where the evangelical community shared his mockery, it was sad to read the perspectives from both crowds.

Dozens - Thoughts - Facebook - Strings - Community

As I read dozens of thoughts on several Facebook strings where the evangelical community shared his mockery, it was sad to read the comments from both crowds. It was like...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't panic!
Tagged: