CNN Gushes Over WashPost 'Fact Checker' Glenn Kessler Finding '10,000 Lies' by Trump

NewsBusters | 4/30/2019 | Staff
morica (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/berman-kessler.jpg

Washington Post "Fact Checker" Glenn Kessler did three CNN interviews and an MSNBC interview celebrating his latest finding that President Trump has reached the perpetually perfidious plateau of 10,000 "false or misleading claims." On Monday's New Day, anchor John Berman helpfully set up Kessler to explain all his findings. The part about Russia is the most interesting (and the most obsessive CNN concern).

JOHN BERMAN: There's a lot of Pinocchios running around without pants, the bottomless Pinocchios, as I like to say. The publishing of the Mueller report, or the release of the Mueller report has opened up a whole new phase as well, correct?

GLENN - KESSLER - Mueller - Report - Obstruction

GLENN KESSLER: Yes, because what he keeps saying is that the Mueller report found no obstruction. That's not true. The Mueller report outlined five to ten instances that could be grounds for obstruction. But it said to the president is a sitting president is not indicted for obstruction. So it -- Mueller left it to Congress. But to run around and say he had total exoneration, which he likes to say, is not correct.

BERMAN: Yes, every time he speaks about the Mueller report, you can almost see the meter, your meter, going up. He can't help but talk about it without saying things that aren't true.

Kessler - Charts - Claims - Change - Time

If you navigate Kessler's charts of Most Repeated Claims, you'll notice a change since the last time we exchanged information. This was the "No collusion" chart a few weeks ago:

This is the new "No collusion" chart that's up now:

Kessler - Email - Today

When I asked Kessler via email today if this was fully transparent, he replied:

Your email prompted me to go back and review how me had been categorizing those claims. As I wrote to you: “Yes, that’s a fair point. It started as a way to indicate...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!