Chris Rock makes a joke about drug use at the expense of the late Whitney Houston

Mail Online | 4/29/2019 | Heidi Parker For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/29/19/12872958-0-image-a-71_1556562980545.jpg

Chris Rock was having fun with a meme on Twitter over the weekend. The 54-year-old Grown Ups actor made a joke about the late Whitney Houston's drug use.

Soon after the songbird's ex Bobby Brown shared that he was not happy with the remark.

Thought - Friend - Family - Rapper - Eighties

'I thought you was a friend of the family,' said the 50-year-old rapper best known for such Eighties hit songs as My Prerogative.

The fuss began when Rock joked that he hates being in meetings when an email would have done the trick.

Note - Read - Meeting - Email

The exact note read, 'Me sitting in a meeting that could've been an email.'

The comedian also shared a photo of a bored-looking Whitney with sunglasses on and a multicolored blazer.

Image - TV - Interview - Twenties

The image was most likely taken from an old TV interview when she was in her twenties.

That was not the offensive part.

Brown - Note - Rock - Crack

What bothered Brown was the note that followed from Rock: 'Hurry up I got crack to smoke.'

Whitney drowned in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills at age 48 in 2012.

Cocaine - Time - Report - User

She was 'acutely intoxicated from cocaine' at the time, it was noted in her autopsy report and it was added she was clearly a 'longtime user.'

Brown reacted strongly to the insult. 'During this time of women empowerment you chose to use your time to try and humiliate our QUEEN!!!' he stated.

And he added, 'I thought you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.