Queen Latifah On Her Queen Collective Initiative and What's Really Going On With Girls Trip 2

PEOPLE.com | 4/27/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/queen_-24.jpg?crop=0px,0px,1600px,840px&resize=1200,630

QUEEN LATIFAH WEIGHS IN ON THE JUSSIE SMOLLETT CASE: 'INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY'

Queen Latifah feels just like the rest of us.

Time - PEOPLE - Offices - April - Word

“I’m just happy it’s Spring time,” she says, stopping by the PEOPLE offices on April 25 to spread the word on her inspiring new project. “Everything feels new. There’s butterflies everywhere. It’s just a good time of year. It’s excited me every year since I was a kid.”

What she’s most excited about right now is her Queen Collective initiative. Partnering with Procter and Gamble and Tribeca Film Festival, the superstar rapper and actress has launched a program to find, support and launch women of color filmmakers. After combing through hundreds of short film submissions, Latifah and her team are excited to debut two short films by newcomer directors B. Monét and Haley Elizabeth Anderson.

Films - Ballet - Dark - Light - Hulu

Their films Ballet After Dark and If There Is Light are now available on Hulu. As for what inspired the star to give back in this way, “The spark has been there for a long time in general, in terms of doing things that support women,” she says. “And lifting women up. I was raised like that and it’s just something that I’ve always incorporated it into everything I’ve done.”

It’s a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!