Brie Larson Thinks ‘We Gotta Move Faster’ On Bringing LGBTQ Superheroes To The Screen

ET Canada | 4/26/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://shawetcanada.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/brie-larson-variety-podcast.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=720&h=480&crop=1

As Brie Larson’s “Captain Marvel” continues to burn up the box office while demonstrating that audiences are more than ready for female-led superhero movies, the Oscar-winning actress still believes that the LGBTQ community is woefully underrepresented in these types of films.

Speaking with Variety’s Marc Malkin for the first episode of Variety and iHeartMedia’s new film podcast “The Big Ticket”, Larson discusses the importance of characters such as hers.

Forefront - Normalization - Type - Content - Representation

“I’m happy to be on the forefront of the normalization of this type of content and to prove once again that representation matters. Diverse storytelling matters, the female experience matters, and these are markers,” says Larson, 29. “So it’s something I’ve always known and I think a lot of people always knew, but this is just normalizing.”

Larson admits that the experience of having young girls approach her to thank her has...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ET Canada
Wake Up To Breaking News!
With God all things are possible, but not probable.