Friday Festival: For now and for later

RevGalBlogPals | 4/26/2019 | Staff
j.moomin (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://revgalblogpals.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/a2506aaf-2928-4d0f-a080-5e0aef5c72e8.jpg

Daffodils in a lull.

It’s Friday in the post-Easter lull, which doesn’t mean the week wasn’t busy but only that we pastors may be living lull-ishly regardless. Some of the blog posts I’ll share are current and perhaps pertinent for this Sunday, while the others speak to last week and ideas we may want to bookmark for next year.

Bloggers - Versions - Psalm - Alternate - Psalm

Two of our bloggers created versions of Psalm 150, the alternate psalm for this Sunday in the Revised Common Lectionary.

Praise God on every platform!

Grandmother - Desktop - Monitor

and the grandmother’s desktop monitor!

Praise God in the Cloud!

Everything - Praise - God

Let everything that breathes praise God!

Praise God!

Praise - God

Praise God!

Praise God!

Praise - God

Praise God!

Hannah Adair Bonner builds on a conversation about the women at the tomb that may change your thinking for next year’s preaching.

Women - Body - Friend - Yesterday - Easter

“Why didn’t the women go to prepare the body right away?” my brilliant Jewish friend asked me yesterday as I tried to explain what Easter meant to me.

“Huh?” This wasn’t the way that I was trained to think about the three days in the tomb, but it seemed rather obvious to someone who had been educated to understand the Jewish way of doing things and how odd it would be to wait that long. Like leaving the image of God unloved.

Rest - Body - Taken - Into - Custody

Read the rest at Body Taken Into Custody.

Diane Roth takes us to chapel during Holy Week.

End

At the end of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: RevGalBlogPals
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: