Jennifer Garner Says 'Looks Weren't A Big Deal' Growing Up: 'I Was Never Told I Was Pretty'

PEOPLE.com | 4/26/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/jg-1.jpg?crop=0px,0px,7048px,3700.2px&resize=1200,630

Growing up in West Virginia, this year’s The Beautiful Issue cover girl affectionately describes her style at the time as “band geek-chic.”

“I was so not one of the pretty girls that I just bypassed insecurity and didn’t see myself as attractive at all. It was not part of my life,” Jennifer Garner tells PEOPLE, laughing.

Garner - Family - Trick - Looks - Deal

Yet Garner, 47, was grateful to her family for keeping her so grounded. “I felt good about myself back then! That is the lucky trick,” she adds. “Looks weren’t a big deal in my family. I don’t think my parents ever said ‘You’re pretty’ and so we just didn’t think about it.”

The “Garner girls,” which included the actress and her two sisters, also had rules when it came to makeup. “I wasn’t allowed to wear it, but then I, of course, put it on during home room,” she says. “You got it? You with me?”

Actress - Cringes - Look - Years - Summer

The actress cringes now when she thinks her “look” after years of doing summer stock theater....
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!