Macron reveals plans to scrap elite French school

Mail Online | 10/31/2018 | Tim Stickings For Mailonline;Reuters
bungienet (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/25/20/12722148-0-image-a-12_1556219063338.jpg

Emmanuel Macron has announced plans to shut down the elite French school where he and three of his five predecessors were educated.

Macron said he would scrap the Ecole Nationale d'Administration as he outlined long-awaited plans to reboot his presidency and reform France after months of violent Yellow Vest protests.

ENA - Part - Service - Reforms - France

He said ENA had to go as part of planned civil service reforms as he admitted France's government was 'not a meritocratic system any more'.

The prestigious school was founded by Charles de Gaulle in 1945 to train a post-war elite drawn from across social classes.

Presidents - Macron - Francois - Hollande - Jacques

Presidents Macron, Francois Hollande, Jacques Chirac and Valery Giscard d'Estaing all went to the school in Strasbourg.

Two of the most senior leaders in Macron's government are also 'énarques', as its graduates are called: Prime Minister Edouard Philippe and Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire.

Tonight - Macron - Lot - Abolition - School

Tonight Macron said he 'owed it a lot' and insisted its planned abolition was 'not about stigmatising' the school.

Unveiling his response to the Yellow Vests tonight Macron promised to to 'significantly' reduce income tax to alleviate the burden on the middle classes.

Protesters - Aim - Cost - Living - France

The protesters have taken aim at the high cost of living in France in a months-long campaign which has severely weakened Macron's authority.

Although the number of demonstrators has declined since a peak in November, protesters clashed with police for a 23rd straight week last Saturday.

Everything - Years - Did

'I asked myself: Should we stop everything that was done over the past two years? Did we...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Freedom is Never Free!