Fleabag creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge CONFIRMED as co-writer of Bond 25

Mail Online | 4/25/2019 | Andrew Bullock;Eve Buckland For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/25/21/12724236-0-image-a-162_1556223237046.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/1418450360/2014/12/1418450360_3932693969001_007-3-Goldfinger---Official-Trailer--1964-.mp4

Phoebe Waller-Bridge, creator and star of the acclaimed BBC comedy Fleabag and also the writer of Killing Eve, has been officially confirmed as one of the scribes of the latest James Bond film.

It was reported that she had flown to New York earlier this year to meet 007 star Daniel Craig before agreeing to work on the script for the 25th movie in the spy franchise.

Thursday - Press - Event - Details - Film

And on Thursday, at a press event announcing details of the next film, it was revealed that the screenplay will be penned by Waller-Bridge, 33, as well as Neal Purvis & Robert Wade, Scott Z. Burns with [the film's director] Cary Joji Fukunaga also contributing.

A source previously said: ‘Phoebe is the hottest young writer in the UK and Hollywood at the moment. Everyone wants her. She’s a natural choice for Bond. She flew to New York and met Daniel and they immediately hit it off. He thinks she’s a genius.

Fans - Writer - News - Twitter - Decision

Fans of the writer were thrilled by the news, flocking to Twitter to hail the decision to enlist her on the project.

'Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Cary Joji Funaga being involved in the next Bond make it potentially the best one,' one person tweeted.

'Huh - Phoebe - Waller-Bridge - James - Bond

A second wrote: 'Huh. Phoebe Waller-Bridge writing the new James Bond. Does this mean I'll finally have to watch a James Bond film?'

'Here's hoping, with Phoebe Waller Bridge on the writing team the new Bond is deliciously dark and funny like her other programmes. I'd actually watch it then,' someone else tweeted.

Waller-Bridge - Part - Announcement

A fourth penned: 'Phoebe Waller-Bridge is the most exciting part of this announcement!'

'#Phoebewallerbridge you Queen,' another fan gushed.

Killing - Eve - Phoebe - Waller-Bridge - Bond25

Another called for a Killing Eve crossing: 'With Phoebe Waller-Bridge writing for #Bond25 I'm going to be really disappointed if Villanelle doesn't make an appearance!'

Waller-Bridge already boasts a BAFTA for her performance in Fleabag, the second series...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!