Olympic star Mo Farah 'punched me in the gym' in Ethiopia

Mail Online | 4/25/2019 | Guy Adams;Courtney Bartlett For The Daily Mail
k.collazik.collazi (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/25/22/12725742-0-image-a-33_1556226210921.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/25/3680754575751006418/1024x576_MP4_3680754575751006418.mp4

Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah was last night sensationally accused of hitting a fellow athlete in the neck.

The altercation began after Sir Mo, 36, and his entourage accused an Ethiopian athlete and his wife of 'spying' on his training regime at a resort in Ethiopia two months ago.

Police - Sir - Mo - Entourage - Couple

Police were called after Sir Mo's entourage allegedly insulted the couple and 'a brawl erupted'.

Legendary Ethiopian distance runner Haile Gebrselassie, 46, this week accused four-time Olympic gold medallist Sir Mo of blackmail and said the British star attacked two athletes in the gym of Gebrselassie's hotel in Addis Ababa.

Mail - Victims - Runner - Sisay - Tsegaye

The Mail can now reveal that one of the alleged victims was 10,000m runner Sisay Tsegaye, who claimed he was training his wife, Dagmawit Kibiru, 22, when they were accosted by furious members of Farah's entourage.

The couple were accused of 'spying' and copying the star athlete's training regime before the scene descended into violence. Tsegaye said: 'In the middle of that, Mo hit me from behind on my neck. I was angry so a brawl erupted.'

Sir - Mo - Coach - Gary - Lough

But Sir Mo's coach Gary Lough said his athlete acted in self-defence.

Lough told the London Evening Standard: 'This guy comes over threateningly as if he's going to attack (Abi) Bashir (Farah's training partner) and Mo tries to defend Bashir and hits the other guy. The woman comes running and Mo turns round – not knowing who it is – and she got hit on the arm. She had two 5kg weights in her hands and was threatening to throw them at him.'

Allegations - Sir - Mo - Watch - Phones

The ****-for-tat allegations came as Sir Mo said he had a watch, two phones and £2,600 in cash taken from his room at the resort on his birthday on March 23.

Sir Mo has also been accused of assaulting Chala Diriba, the manager of the gymnasium, in February last year.

He...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a Government intervention.