Haile Gebrselassie hits back at Mo Farah with new twist in their row

Mail Online | 4/25/2019 | Riath Al-samarrai;Matt Lawton;Guy Adams for the Daily Mail
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/25/20/12722186-0-image-a-23_1556219172927.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/25/3680754575751006418/1024x576_MP4_3680754575751006418.mp4

Haile Gebrselassie has made the extraordinary claim that his row with Mo Farah started when Jama Aden, a coach linked to a major doping investigation, was refused entry to his hotel.

Farah has always gone to lengths to distance himself from Aden, who is being pursued by Spanish authorities and Interpol after his arrest following a drugs raid in 2016.

Days - Back-and-forth - Farah - Gebrselassie - Brit

Yet after two days of furious back-and-forth between Farah and Gebrselassie over the Brit's stay at the Ethiopian's Yaya Village Resort near Addis Ababa, the Ethiopian has made the astonishing assertion that their falling out originated when Aden was 'forbidden' from entering his resort.

Gebrselassie, who was head of the Ethiopian Athletics Federation at the time, says he refused Aden admittance and made the further claim that Aden, a Somalian, was involved in Farah's training.

Incident - Gebrselassie - Athletics - Federation - President

It is unclear when the alleged incident happened but Gebrselassie said it occurred while he was Ethiopian Athletics Federation president, his tenure of which ran between November 2016 and November 2018.

Giving an interview to an Ethiopian journalist working for Sportsmail, Gebrselassie said: 'His grudge against me started when I denied access to Jama Aden to the hotel and forbid access.

Jama - Aden - Time - Head - Athletics

Jama Aden was conducting training with him at the time. I was head of the Ethiopian Athletics Federation at the time. He was angry with me at the time… and looking for ways to revenge for that.'

After a request from Sportsmail for comment, a spokesperson for Farah on Thursday night dismissed the claims as 'utter nonsense' and reasserted that 'Jama Aden has never trained Mo'.

Farah - Involvement - Aden - Police - Interpol

Farah has previously played down his involvement with Aden, who is wanted by Spanish police and Interpol to stand trial in Spain but was reported last year to be in Qatar.

He could face up to four and a half years in prison after...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Hell sometimes looks an awful lot like an office cubicle.