Waiting for Revival: What Not to Do and What to Do

ChurchLeaders | 4/25/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/4.26.HOME_.CC.WaitingForRevival.jpg

As I travel extensively across America I use this opportunity to ask pertinent questions to pastors and leaders questions concerning their local church ministry. One of my first questions deals with the process they are following in their churches to make it balanced and healthy. I am blown away by most responses. In short, if a church had a working process, the pastor could easily articulate it and excitedly explain the functions when asked. If they have not designed a process, they usually didn’t understood the question, or began to fumble, trying to make it up along the way until finally, I already knew the answer: They did not have one.

I was sitting at a table with a pastor at a nice restaurant one day. He requested this meeting to discuss the practical ways of developing a healthy church. “We need a move of God, and we need it now” was the way he approached the subject. His statement made me uncomfortable because I knew where this would typically take us. I asked the pastor, “What is your congregation’s vision?” Without flinching, he said, “Our vision is revival; we are desperately seeking revival!”

Blood - Head - Course - Move - God

It felt as though the blood drained out of my head. Of course, I understand we all desire a move of God, but if all we want to do is sit back and wait for something supernatural to happen, it may never come. After all, Jesus never told us we should wait for people to come, He said we should Go, and make disciples. To do that, we should begin by training our members in evangelism, organize substantial prayer, and start getting a process in place for when the people come. Revival does not just happen, but when it does, we should be ready to accommodate the harvest...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: