Let's Talk About What Happens to Black Widow in Avengers: Endgame

POPSUGAR Entertainment | 4/25/2019 | Quinn Keaney
Click For Photo: https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/LfGGCqadMqIk70ViB0g7noB75p8/fit-in/1200x630/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-:fill-!white!-/2019/04/25/770/n/1922283/3142ce555cc1ee77988475.17049594_.jpg

Warning: are you ready for some Avengers: Endgame spoilers? No? Then you better stop reading right now.

After watching Avengers: Endgame, you'll likely come away with a few thoughts. Like, "Wow, I can't believe we sat through all of that without peeing!" Or maybe, "Wow, I can't believe I'm still hyperventilating and crying, this is getting out of hand!" Either option is acceptable, for what it's worth, and if you are indeed an emotional wreck by the end of things, then know this — you're not alone. We all knew some big deaths were coming, but they still managed to take us by surprise. In addition to the gut-wrenching loss of Tony Stark, we also watch Natasha "Nat" Romanoff (aka Black Widow) die during her journey to find the Soul Stone.

Scarlett - Johansson - Nat - Iron - Man

Scarlett Johansson has played Nat ever since first appearing in 2010's Iron Man 2, when she poses as a new personal assistant for Tony Stark named Natalie Rushman. Later, of course, Nick Fury arrives and tells Tony that the badass woman who's been "working" for him is actually a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, which sets into motion the ever-expanding MCU.

We've since seen her develop intimate friendships with new friends on the team, particularly with Steve/Captain America and Bruce/Hulk. (The latter bond nearly verges on dipping into romance at one point in Avengers: Age of Ultron, though that's a plot point that many fans like to forget ever happened.) She also introduces Clint/Hawkeye to the group, having worked with him for years previously. Given how integral Nat has become to the Avengers, there's a bitter irony to the fact that she's the first of the group to die in Endgame.

Related:

Fortunately Tony figures out how to successfully time travel using Pym Particles, and they're able to go back in time and collect the Infinity Stones...
(Excerpt) Read more at: POPSUGAR Entertainment
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The American Government, working tireless for everyone, except Americans.