Andrea Mitchell Gushes Over Biden’s ‘Dramatic’ Campaign Attack Ad

NewsBusters | 4/25/2019 | Staff
smnth28 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2019-04-25-nbc-tday-bidenrunning.png

On Thursday morning, NBC’s Today show cheered former Vice President Joe Biden officially entering the 2020 presidential race and delighted in him taking “direct aim” at President Trump with a nasty campaign video. Correspondent Andrea Mitchell was particularly enthralled, touting the “dramatic” video “using images from the Charlottesville white supremacist march.”

“He’s running....Former Vice President Joe Biden enters the 2020 campaign just this morning and takes direct aim at the President,” co-host Savannah Guthrie excitedly proclaimed at the top of the broadcast. Minutes later, she introduced the story by noting Biden “using a sharply-worded video on Twitter to announce his long-awaited decision.”

Mitchell - Report - Time - Vice - President

Mitchell began the report by declaring: “This time the 76-year-old former Vice President plunging into the youngest, largest, most diverse primary field in history and saying the country is in the battle for the soul of the nation. He says because of the Trump presidency.”

A clip ran of the campaign video in which Biden warned: “If we give Donald Trump eight years in the White House, he will forever and fundamentally alter the character of this nation, who we are.” Mitchell gushed over the attack ad: “In a dramatic campaign video using images from the Charlottesville white supremacist march, the former Vice President saying President Trump shocked the conscience of the nation by saying there were ‘some very fine people on both sides.’”

Played - Biden

Another soundbite played of Biden fearmongering:

And in that moment, I knew the threat to this nation was unlike any I’d ever seen in my lifetime. We are in the battle for the soul of this nation. I believe history will look back on four years of this president and all he embraces as an abhorrent moment in time.

Mitchell - Vice - President - Weaknesses - Battle

Mitchell did briefly list some of the former Vice President’s weaknesses, such as an uphill battle on fundraising and his age....
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?