BETO O’ROURKE SAYS OPEN TO LETTING INCARCERATED, ‘NONVIOLENT’ FELONS VOTE

The Daily Caller | 4/24/2019 | Staff
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/beto-1-e1553192361234.jpg

Former Democratic Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke became the latest 2020 presidential candidate to suggest his support for voting rights for incarcerated felons.

“I want to make sure that time spent behind bars does not entail a stripping of your civic and constitutional rights,” O’Rourke said. “I would think especially for nonviolent offenders that we rethink removing the right to vote, and allow everyone, or as many as possible, to participate in our democracy.”

Criminals - Harder - Conclusion - Point - Bond

“For violent criminals, it’s much harder for me to reach that conclusion,” he said. “I feel that, at that point, you have broken a bond and a compact with your fellow Americans, and there has to be a consequence in civil life to that as well.”

O’Rourke’s comments came days after fellow Democratic candidates suggested they were open to the idea during a series of CNN town halls on Monday.

California - Sen - Kamala - Harris - Conversation

California Sen. Kamala Harris said she wanted to have a “conversation” about allowing incarcerated felons to vote, while...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?