WHERE IS THE CATHOLIC CHURCH HEADED?

Fr. Dwight Longenecker | 4/24/2019 | Dwight Longenecker
marisha (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dwightlongenecker.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/future-church-.jpg

Before we returned to the United States from England for me to be ordained as a Catholic priest I was running a business I founded called Working Hero. This was a business training company that helped managers and business leaders manage change.

We used the hero’s quest in movies to illustrate to our clients how heroes in films cope with the challenge of change. Part of the process was to analyze the natural instincts when faced with change. The natural instincts are almost always–not only wrong, but disastrous. The first instinct is denial. We put our head in the sand. We might acknowledge the change, but it is not happening to us. Along with denial goes deflection. We shoo it away like a pesky fly or we find arguments that deflect the looming threat of change.

Time - Refuge - Way - Things - Ways

At the same time we take refuge in “the way things have always been done.” Even if those ways of working were incompetent and inefficient we return to them. Not only do we return to them, but we return to an idealized version of them. We become nostalgic about those ways of working and turn them into a hallowed, unchangeable structure. Then we take refuge in this little fortress hoping that the change will go away. From within that fortress we take pot shots over the parapet at everyone outside who seems to be the enemy.

The disaster happens when we keep doing the same old thing and keep trying to prop up the old structures and the old ways of doing things no matter what the cost. So businesses will borrow more and more money and invest more and more time and resources trying to keep an old business model running because it used to work and used to be successful. This is, of course, exactly...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fr. Dwight Longenecker
Wake Up To Breaking News!
One of the countries we liberated was Russia, too bad it seems to have cost us our liberty.
Tagged: