Elizabeth Warren: ‘The First Boy I Ever Dated Swooped Back into My Life and Said He Wanted to Marry Me’

CNS News | 4/24/2019 | Staff
ditranian (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/warrenget2.jpg

In a column posted at Medium.com, Sen. Elizabeth Warren explains how dropping out of college and getting married at 19 years of age could have ruined her life had she not gone back to college.

Now, she is calling for universal free college public education for everyone, funded by the government.

College - Scholarship - Things - Warren - Medium

“I managed to get a college scholarship, but then things turned upside down,” Warren wrote on Medium. “The first boy I ever dated swooped back into my life and said he wanted to marry me. So I did what any sensible, mature 19-year-old would do: I said yes and dropped out of college.”

“I thought my dream of teaching was over,” Warren said. “But then a friend told me about the University of Houston, a public four-year college about 40 minutes away. We were a young couple, watching every nickel. I figured I couldn’t afford it. But it turned out that tuition was just $50 a semester.”

Experience - Life - Plan - Government

This early experience in her own life inspired her to propose a plan to have the government cover the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: